Urgent Help with CS3 Master Collection install needed!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coocooforcocoap, Nov 4, 2007.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Hi all, it felt like xmas when I got cs3 master but now it's really halloween. After the arduous install, it's all there and working but Macromedia Dreamweaver. Is says it's already installed when I try and do an update install using the disks. But it's not there at all. Spotlight can't find anything but old traces of a cs3 dreamweaver trial that i had installed on the intel side of things a few months back. So what to do? I need to update a website right now! Well, thanks for any insight on finding out where the mac may be storing info on dreamweaver. (or perhaps the million rupee DVDs are bad?) :confused:

2. turi319 macrumors newbie

Check Adobe.com

On adobe's site, they have a little program that completely removes all traces of trials and betas. To be extra careful I recommend you properly uninstall the master collection with the disc, then run the adobe trial remover, and finally do a clean install.

3. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Agreed. The cs3 trial of photoshop gave me all sorts of issues as well. Clear it all out and start over.

4. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

hi thanks for that. i will try and find this little tool but i have to get some work done. i have spent 2 days on this install already. its the slowest install/uninstall i have ever seen, except perhaps VM/370. maybe the update will fix things? i just noticed that there is 261mb of update coming down. this is insane. btw, is the tool selective, there are some things i want to keep... :D