Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
usa
I've installed + partitioned OS X Lion, but I want all my applications to work again...so how do i go back to SL? i don't care if i have to end up deleting Lion

Nov 28, 2010
located
If you have partitioned your internal HDD, if that is what you mean with "installed + partitioned OS X Lion" and installed Lion onto the second partition and leaving Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard intact, you can just boot back via holding down the OPTION key during startup or using System Preferences > Startup Disk and selecting the SL partition. Then you can use Disk Utility to remove the Lion partition and finished your are.
Or have you installed Lion over SL, onto the same partition as SL?
Then:
Short version: Clean Install of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Long version: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

HEB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
usa
If you have partitioned your internal HDD, if that is what you mean with "installed + partitioned OS X Lion" and installed Lion onto the second partition and leaving Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard intact, you can just boot back via holding down the OPTION key during startup or using System Preferences > Startup Disk and selecting the SL partition. Then you can use Disk Utility to remove the Lion partition and finished your are.
Or have you installed Lion over SL, onto the same partition as SL?
Then:
Short version: Clean Install of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Long version: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

Nope, you guessed correctly the first time. I have 2 partitions. Well THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I thought i had to reinstall every program and buy the SL disc! YOU ARE A SAVIOR, just saying. All i needed was sys pref>startup disk.

You are awesome! thanks! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.