*URGENT* I can't restore my iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SephirothXR, May 11, 2012.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I put it into DFU mode and now it won't even let me restore my iPhone with Apple's current update (I originally tried my own custom build but tried Apple's after it rejected). It just says that it can't be restored because my device isn't eligible for the requested build. It's Apple's own software update, how else can I make it eligible?

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do you have "set hosts to Cydia on exit" in TinyUmbrella? It's under Advanced when you click on your phones name.

3. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

I've never heard of TinyUmbrella, so perhaps no. I have downloaded PwnageTool, but that's about it.

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Then I'm sorry I'm not sure what's causing that.

5. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciate you trying to help though! I did some google search (always a great first option haha, I was just a little worried at first) and I think that might have been the issue. I'm still going to try my custom firmware, but I'll be back incase something else comes up which you might be able to help me on. Thanks for the suggestion though!

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Good luck. I'm going to bed so someone else will have to help :p Or tomorrow.

7. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I followed tutorials to uncheck the box where "set hosts to Cydia on exit" was originally checked. Still not working. Hmmm... On a side note, I was wondering if I could transfer this to another computer, my Windows laptop, and do it from there, though I don't know if I would be able to do that since all my files (music and whatnot) are on my Mac.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I guess you could restore and jailbreak on another laptop then sync your phone to your laptop?

9. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Even my Windows computer is giving me the same message, which doesn't make sense because I've never used jailbreaking software on it. This is somewhat frustrating that Apple wants to have this type of control over its users where they have to contact their server just to put a different firmware...

10. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

At the end of the day my Windows PC is finally restoring my iPhone. Thank goodness I'll at least have a phone to use tomorrow haha. I'll just be content with jailbreaking (this whole mess started b/c I wanted to unlock my phone since I'm traveling abroad soon and wanted to refrain from buying a brand new phone). I can't believe how much I had to go through just my Windows wasn't completely updated and b/c Apple wants this much control over its users. Thanks though for your help!