Urgent- iBook Power Supply is Faulty?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mersea, May 8, 2007.

1. mersea macrumors regular

Alright, so I've been using and abusing my G4 iBook for over a year now, many things are broken, so I won't be surprised if this is a hardware fault, but I'm praying to god it isn't.

I have effectively no battery life left, meaning to buy a new one for a couple months now but have never gotten around to it. I broke my apple A/C adapter about a year ago (stepped on the end that plugged into the iBook) and bought a macalley alternative (cheaper :p) Today I unplugged it to move my iBook to another part of my house, plugged it back into an outlet and since then the power supply has been rapidly changing between plugged in and battery. So now I have no battery left and it won't go to a/c power to recharge, or even turn on. Help?! I tried resetting the PMU, taking the battery out and then plugging it in, lots of things.

On the adapter, I've managed to narrow it down to this: the little blue light (which means its working) flickers VERY rapidly ONLY when plugged into the iBook - so all good plugged into the wall, blah blah then I stick in the iBook (iBook is turned off, no battery) and it starts to flicker.

I sent a tech support to macalley, but I hope I can fix this a.s.a.p.

2. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I would try and find a friend with a iBook and try using his AC adapter.