URGENT: iPad 2 restore won't work!!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Happytodd, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Happytodd macrumors regular

Dear users,

God I'm panicking, I went to restore my iPad from 4.3.3 which i received 2 days ago back to 4.3.3 but it was jailbroken. I never synced it up to TinyUmbrella and now it can't see it. I get a iTunes error 2002. I went to restore it because I was going to take it back for a replacement tomorrow because I had a few dead pixels!

Please help.. I'm stuck in recovery mode now..

2. Happytodd, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

normally Cydia saves my blobs.. but I never got a popup or anything regarding that.. please help!!! ='[

EDIT:

http://jaxov.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-itunes-error-21-during-custom-ipsw-restore/

Followed that guide, I have TinyUmbrella running the TSS server. iTunes now says 'preparing iPad for restore' indefinitely! - Getting error 1600

I just tried Redsnow to fix the 1600 error, but it says my IPSW is not recognized, its 4.3.3 which I downloaded via iTunes... Please help!

I read that 'ih8sn0w' is also another app like Redsnow to force my iPad in a DFU state, but it does not support iPad 2... By the way I'm running a Windows machine!

3. tehreflex macrumors 6502

Is it iPad 2 Wifi or Wifi+3G?

If it's 3G you can't restore with tiny umbrella. I have verizon ipad and with 4.3.4 out I have to be VERY careful not to break anything. Try to restore 4.3.3 normally without tinyumbrella as Apple may be signing 4.3.3 still.

If not, guess you're back to stock.

Of course if you never did jailbreak then just restore to 4.3.4

4. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I have a Wifi+3g iPad 2,

It seems as though Apple still might be accepting 4.3.3 however I'm still getting an error trying to restore. I've managed to get the bar on my iPad to load half way, then I get a iTunes error 1013. I unticked 'Set hosts to cydia on exit' in TinyUmbrella but still getting the error.

Very frustrating I'm so close from recovering it but I feel so hopeless also.

5. Boeing747 macrumors member

1) Open Finder
    2) Press Shift+Command+G
    3) Enter in /private/etc/ in the box that apears
    4) Find the Hosts file and move to the desktop
    5) Open Hosts file and scroll down to the very last line
    6) Put a # in front of that line
    7) Save & Put back into /private/etc/
    8) Go to iTunes and find your iPad
    9) Press the option key and press the restore button at the same time
    10) Find the software version you want to restore to
    11) Restore

Hope I helped :)
    Feel free to ask any questions

6. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I don't own a mac =[

EDIT:
    When restoring with iTunes without TinyUmbrella, I get a popup saying cannot connect to iPad software server or is temporary unavailable.

7. Boeing747 macrumors member

Same thing just find where the host file is kept on a pc. I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere just google it. :apple:

8. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Google ain't helping with finding 'iPad host files on windows', it would rather show me how to get to the windows driver folder. I think I'm screwed, Can I just take it to your house for you to fix? =P

9. Boeing747 macrumors member

Or............

While your at the apple store just take it to one of their macs and restore it

Or...........

Run virtual machine on your pc

10. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I was going to take it to one of the stores today because it had a few dead pixels and a bit of the screen wasn't glued down properly. You would think they would restore it for me if it was stuck in recovery mode before giving me a replacement wouldn't you?..

I'm afraid that they will find out I had jailbroken even though its in recovery mode due to the fact that when you search 'itunes error 1013' on google it lists information about Tiny Umbrella etc which is only worth having if you have jailbroken?

11. Boeing747 macrumors member

They don't care. They will just recover it. I had a similar thing happen to my iPhone. I sent it to apple (no apple stores where I live) and they sent me a new one (mine was jailbroken). Reason is in recovery mode everything is wiped. They should fix it.

12. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Ok then,

I don't have an apple store close to me either, closest one is about 2200km away however I was told I can take it to a Apple Reseller, I'm not sure if they'll be able to restore it either though..

I might try your option and see what will happen, thanks for the help! =]

13. Boeing747 macrumors member

Your Welcome!

14. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I thought I'd try one last time to restore,

It was hanging about half way through for a while where it normally gives me an error, but this time it restored just fine with iTunes.. I don't know what happened to be honest!

I'm extremely happy again!! :D Time to take this bad boy back!! =P

15. Boeing747 macrumors member

lol u lucked out there........