[URGENT] iPhone 4 dead :( :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RockstarSR, Sep 9, 2011.

1. RockstarSR macrumors member

So this is what happened now.....i was using my phone normally....suddenly it crashed!! It resprung after long time and to my utter shock, it displayed "Emergency Calls only" message....i tried couple of things like connected to iTunes...etc and it still was same! Then i ran redsn0w...and i could see my Home Screen again But this time i was faced with still more stronger shock. Phone looked fine..all the apps ran well etc. BUT...BUT it was NOT catching the mobile network!! It kept saying "Searching..." all the time and even my Wifi is not working! "Wifi Off" is greyed out in settings and i don't have any way it turn it on. After lot of googling, i was found it could be hardware problem But then, i never dropped my phone or never threw it in water! So i thought of restoring it with iTunes to which ever firmware it can!

Connected the phone to iTunes and clicked restore. It started downloading 4.3.5(i don't give a damn to jailbreak now! I just want my phone back!)....the process went till the VERY end and it threw the "1013" error . Same thing happened even with the freshly installed Windows 7 and Mac OSX.

I then tried to follow these steps:
    1. Remove any lines with "gs.apple.com" from your hosts file
    2. Download this 4.3.3 IPSW: http://appldnld.appl...J2_Restore.ipsw
    3. Reboot your PC
    4. Run TinyUmbrella, and select "Start TSS Server"
    5. Under TU's "Advanced" tab, select the option to "Update iPhone 4 Baseband"
    6. Put the iPhone in DFU mode: http://www.iclarifie...=1034&meid=7242
    7. When iTunes prompts you to restore the device, Shift-Click Restore to the 4.3.3 IPSW from step 2.
    8. iTunes should complete the restore, and you shouldn't receive an error.

Now i get some error (20) . At present, phone is in recovery mode.

When i run Fixrecovery, it gives some libusb error:
    Guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! This is killing me I don't care about the damn jailbreak. I just want my phone back

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

if you don't care about baseband then just do restore from iTunes.

3. RockstarSR thread starter macrumors member

^^I tried that..and all i get is error 1013 at the VERY end of the restore process to 4.3.5...both on Windows 7 and Mac OSX.

Btw, mine is a factory unlocked phone. So i don't have to worry about unlocks.

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

5. RockstarSR thread starter macrumors member

Guys what are the chances that it is a hardware issue? :!

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Not alot seeing you were jail broken.

Follow these steps and see if it works:
    1.go into host file and delete the gs.apple.com lines.
    2 restore in iTunes like every other phone.

Even you've already done that try again.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

do you have shsh blobs for 4.3.3 if not you can only restore to 4.3.5 or what you have shsh blobs for. Tiny umbrella will tell you what blobs you have.

8. RockstarSR thread starter macrumors member

Tried it. Still getting the 1013 error :( I get it at the very last moment...when we feel that "okay...restoring will be complete in 5 more sec"! :(

9. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

10. Spacecake123 macrumors newbie

Did you close iTunes after deleting the gs.apple line? I remember having a problem and finding out I forgot to reboot iTunes after deleting the line? That worked for me a while back.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman