Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miteshn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
Hey Guys,

I tried to restore my jailbroken Iphone 4 and I keep getting the error

" the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (10)"

now my phone just comes up asking me to connect to itunes, when I do connect to Itunes. When I do connect the phone to itunes it says the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored and when I try to restore it comes up with the same error. :(

I have looked everywhere for a fix, but nothing solid

Please HELP!!!!

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
There are several programs which can kick the iPhone out of recovery mode and back into normal mode.

TinyUmbrella is one of those programs:
http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com
When you launch the program. There is an Exit Recovery button.
When you click on your iPhone on the left the button should light up. Click this and the iPhone should restart and once restarted it should work fine.

Hopefully this works. If it does then proceed to jailbreak your phone and things should be ok.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Which version are you trying to restore to?
If you're trying to restore to an iOS other than the most current version, you need your SHSH blobs and the tiny umbrella server running.

walterwhite

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2011
South Central PA
Try putting it into DFU mode. Connect the iPHone to your itunes syncing computer. Now, Hold both sleep button and the home button until the screen goes dark... after about a second or two (after it goes dark) let go of the sleep (top) button and continue to hold the home button. After about 15-30 seconds the screen should remain dark and iTunes will give you an announcement that you have an iPhone in restore mode. This is what they would do at the store... if you still get an error then it needs to be replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.