URGENT: iPhone Battery Issue - FIXED Bluetooth issue....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajns23, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ajns23, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

This does not magically make the battery grow stronger. This is a hardware issue bro.

3. ajns23 thread starter Guest

I was getting 3-4hours battery before i discovered this now im getting 6-7 hours.

working for me.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

When I got my iPhone bluetooth was turned on by default but it wasn't showing on the status bar. Luckily I checked.

6. ajns23 thread starter Guest

This is what i think the issue is. people don't realise its on... because it dosn't show in the bar at the top.

7. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Bluetooth won't be "sucking battery". I have BT on 24/7 on my phone and the battery is fine. That's on an old 3GS, the 4S has a lower power BT chip and a bigger battery.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

So Apple is lying when they say this? :rolleyes:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

9. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Yeah, but that's not what the OP said, is it? He's talking about some bug he thinks he's discovered. :rolleyes:

Sucking power as he describes it isn't something Bluetooth will do - it uses little power compared to the screen, or the wi-fi, or the 3G modem.

Leaving BT on all the time makes next to no difference in battery life. I've tried leaving BT on when not in use, and I've tried turning it off, and my phone still manages two days of use either way. I still take the phone off the charger on day 1, use it all day, leave it that night, use it the next day, and by the evening of the second day put it back on the charger. BT on or off doesn't make any difference.

Obviously if I'm USING BT in the car, then the battery drains faster. But just having it on, not connected to anything doesn't make any measurable difference in my experience.

Clear?

10. ajns23 thread starter Guest

All I can say is what I have discovered.

this "bug" when I freshly wipe my handset and leave it in a brand new state unused without going into General > Settings and selecting bluetooth off battery lasts between 3-4 hours. I'm getting many many more hours now its in the OFF position.

FACT.

11. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

1. This isn't "urgent"

2. Bluetooth has a negligible impact on battery life.

12. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

If it's draining in 3-4 hours, then there must be something PHYSICAL wrong with the BT in your phone. My old 3GS on it's 2 year old battery, with it's higher power drain BT can run the BT for 6 hours playing music without totally draining the battery.

13. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I haven't encountered this bug - but the bug could indeed be causing issues

However, the point about apple lying about BT draining battery... the article posted didn't account for the latest version of BT which is very power efficient.

Sure it is going to eek a tiny amount of power when it isn't connected as it needs to listen out for connection pairs, but it should still be much better than older versions.

14. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

The BT thing in the status bar always disappears on all my iOS 5 devices, when I go out of the bluetooth setting page.