Urgent iPhoto help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyersgl, Jan 8, 2010.

1. flyersgl macrumors member

My mom died today. While it may seem crazy for me to be hanging out here at this moment, as the family photographer, my siblings asked me to put together a slide show.

I went to iPhoto and flagged all the photos I want to use, and expected I could readily export and/or burn the "flagged" folder to cd but it is not clear that I can. Am I missing something? The funeral home needs it on a CD for use by their equipment.

I am a still finding my way around my Mac after years of PC use so I know I may be missing something very obvious...

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I assume you are talking about a cd with just the files, and no fancy movie right?
    Try this:
    Insert a blank disk, and just drag those photos from iPhoto into the blank disk in Finder, and click burn.

3. bensharp macrumors newbie

Slideshow...

I'm sorry for your loss... I lost my own Mother 4 years ago, and then a best friend this past fall. It's really tough, but I was also ascribed the job of making slideshows...

In iPhoto, simply make a slideshow, (which I assume you know how to do, if not, see the Help menu), and then highlight it in the "Slideshows" menu on the left of the screen, and then click "Export" in the File menu and choose how to manage it from that point onwards....

I assume that the slideshow will work in other applications, otherwise, use the advise of the poster above....

Good luck, and I do feel for your situation.

BS

4. flyersgl thread starter macrumors member