Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akoumarina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I have an ipod touch 2nd gen,refurbished and supposed to be 8GB but it is 6GB.
I recently fell and twisted myself but while doing that I crashed the ipod...It works still but the only way I could charge it is through dock,USB cords no longer work in it,this charging situation happened last year.
The screen totaly comes off and it is no longer connected to some orangish brown plate on top of the glass.However I have really important non backed up files,for example and entire essay for business... on there and I have no way to get to it..Please help me find a way to get into my ipod?I can live without the ipod just not without my files.

Akoumarina

harveyftw

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
I have an ipod touch 2nd gen,refurbished and supposed to be 8GB but it is 6GB.
I recently fell and twisted myself but while doing that I crashed the ipod...It works still but the only way I could charge it is through dock,USB cords no longer work in it,this charging situation happened last year.
The screen totaly comes off and it is no longer connected to some orangish brown plate on top of the glass.However I have really important non backed up files,for example and entire essay for business... on there and I have no way to get to it..Please help me find a way to get into my ipod?I can live without the ipod just not without my files.

Akoumarina

jailbroken?

Penelope1234

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
If your touch doesn't work after 4 - 5 days of letting it dry then its not gonna work at all. Just buy a new one and next time be careful.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
if the device doesn't work at all, it's going to be all but impossible to retrieve the files. You might be able to find a technician who might be able to do it, but I wouldn't count on it.

Moral: always backup in multiple places.

akoumarina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Thank you everyone.

Thank you to everyone who has helped..I am disappointed but I am okay with it.
One question though..Is there for sure absolutely no way to get the files? The Ipod is working the only thing is that I cannot unlock it because the start of the slider, the glass is broken

And Yes the Ipod is normal,Not jailbroken.It charges stll too, if I was to plug it into a computer would itunes recognize it even though I wouldnt be able to unlock it?

Thanks again.

Blessed Day and Have a great One.

Akoumarina

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.