URGENT - IPOD Touch wont turn on after reset

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dannyboyroc, Dec 22, 2010.

1. dannyboyroc macrumors newbie

Hi, I am urgently needing help before Xmas. This is a christmas present.

We have an Ipod Touch, all was working okay, then it asked to do a hard reset. We done this, the screen went black and now it wont turn back on.

I have done all what people have suggested on various forums. I have hld the power / slep button and home button for 10 seconds together, I have left the item on charge for 10 hours, still nothing, I have also turned I-Tunes on, then plugged it in but the PC comes up saying the USB product is not recognized.

I have no icons appearing at all. No red line, no Lighting icon, No Apple icon...NOTHING. Totally dead!!

Please please can anyone help??!!??!? I have this as an Xmas present for my Daughter...:(

Thankyou in advance

Dan

2. yayitsezekiel, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010

yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

My best advice is to make a Genius Bar appointment at your Local Apple store and have them look at it. If you bought it in the past year, then they will look at it and if it's dead, give you a new one. I'd try that :) good luck

3. TwoSocEmBoppers, Dec 22, 2010

Has this device ever been jailbroken in anyway?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It appears failed. What do you mean it asked you to hard reset? Search for DFU mode on iClarified and try a total restore. Also hold home button and connect to USB, continue holding until iTunes recognizes.

5. dannyboyroc, Dec 22, 2010

dannyboyroc thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not that I am aware of, we purchased via Ebay in Mint condition...Nothing was mentioned.

Thanks

We were downloading the new software that i-Tunes stated it required, then it said there was an error and the i-touch needed to be reset, did that, went off. And now comes the problem

i-tnes does not recognize and i-touch connected.

6. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Try a hard reset as stated. But if I where you I would purchase a new one while you are trying to restore this one. You can pick up a Touch at most department stores such as Walmart. The 4G is so much nicer then the older units anyway.