URGENT! Lion update cause kernel panic! Will reinstallation solve this issue?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by RealSkyDiver, Aug 17, 2011.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

So I restarted my iMac to finish the update only to find a kernel panic. Can I basically reinstall Lion without affecting any installation so it will be exactly how it was before this error? It's highly important that I have my computer up and running again by this afternoon. Disc utility already determined that there is nothing wrong with my disc so it's the update that screwed it up. I don't have a time-machine backup.
    sorry couldn't shrink the picture since I had to do it quickly with my phone.

[​IMG]

2. britdishong macrumors newbie

Kernel panic

I am having the exact same issue, and I work from home....  I need your help!!!! Please tell me you figured this out!!! Thank you so much, Brit

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

4. Mightee macrumors member

Only advice I can give is to do a clean install. I assume you've got backups of your data?

EDIT: Sorry, no, you don't have a backup. Ummmmm.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since he needed it up and running by later that day it is probably already fixed since that was 11 days ago. Hopefully the OP did learn the importance of backups from this unfortunate experience.

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

My Mac Pro did this as well. Any clue of the cause? Not really wanting to try again.