URGENT: Macbook Backlight not working (but not burned out)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cognacad, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Cognacad macrumors newbie

Ok. So my delete key stopped working and my spacebar and my tab and two arrows. They work sometimes, sometimes they don't. I decided to take a look inside to see if there was an obvious problem. I lifted up the keyboard and trackpad to see TWO cables under them. One of them was copper color which was attached to the keyboard assembly, the other one in the top left corner was a small black cable.

I didn't see anything wrong so I closed it back up. IT made the apple noise and I was happy, but the screen was black.

Upon closer inspection it seemed my Macbook was on but that the backlight is no longer working. If I look closely I can see what is on my desktop.

I tried to rest the PRAm or whatever by holding opt-cmd and P and R I think and tried resetting one more thing by holding the power button down for 5 seconds without any power hooked up (including battery). This didn't work.

Should I open it up again? Could I have messed something up by accident? Can someone also figure out my keyboard problem? Haha. It worked fine al summer, had problems in may, and is bad again.

I have one of the 2006 Macbook 1.83 Core Duo ones. Never dropped never spilt anything on it. Can someone tell me what the black conector cable at the top left connecting to the keyboard is?

Please help, I will be forever grateful and will give out e-hugs or something.

Cheers,

Mike

(sorry if I made typos, I was in a hurry)

2. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

3. Cognacad thread starter macrumors newbie

I was on that website when I took my Macbook apart and I perused it closely trying to figure out what the problem could of been without help. Most Macbook's dont seem to have that black cable at the top left corner I mentioned.

Thanks for your help though. Hopefully someone knows what the problem could be. I rather know what I am doing before I have to crack this thing open again, if I have to.

Is the INVERTER cable connected to the keyboard case by a little sticky thingy on the first generation of macbooks?

4. Cognacad thread starter macrumors newbie

FIXEDIT.

Crackeditopen.and.the.black.cabel.was.pulled.out.

As.you.can.see.there.are.still.reimaining.issue.s.Will.make.another.tyopic.on.that.