Urgent Macbook pro question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nuefox, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Nuefox macrumors newbie

hi all,

I'm buying a macbook pro 15" 2.2 tomorrow. I'm buying it from a guy( i never met him) price is ok..
    he said that he bought it from US 2 months ago and never opened it..i saw the pictures tho..looks brand new or is it..can you check the box for me..sealing etc.. http://www.sahibinden.com/acil_0_ga...WQQaXQQ4829203WQQpXQQdisplayitem?keyword=acil

He says it comes with Tiger( there was no leopard when he bought it )
    And i asked him if its glossy or matte, he said " i think it's glossy " :p how can i be sure without opening the box..When did they release glossy ones ?
    i need some tips..
    thank you

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

The tip is don't hand over your money till you've tested the product but that all looks dodgy to me.

3. Nuefox thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the guy has a electronics shop..i'll go to his place...But he doesnt sell computers..

4. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Leopard was released in October 07 so why would it have Tiger if it's only 2 months old.

5. Nuefox thread starter macrumors newbie

6. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I would open it and check the serial number on apple.com before you give him any money....if it's older than he says (meaning it has less warranty) offer him a lower price.