iPhone URGENT: My iphone5 stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fyp008, Sep 26, 2013.

1. fyp008 macrumors newbie

I didn't know it won't back up the photo and media of the phone. My wife is yelling at me all night...

TU does NOT work. Anyone has a solution I can retrieve the video and photo from the phone?

OR shall I recover the phone and use data recovery? Need some helps here!!

Million Thanks!

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Have you held down the sleep and home buttons until the apple appears then let go (start of the boot process)?

3. PoopyThomas macrumors newbie

Hold down the power button and home and after 12 seconds let go of the home and continue to hold the power button.

4. fyp008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

No. It doesn't work. The logo will comes out but still go back to the plug in to itune screen.

I tried many other suggestions on Internet. I think it won't work since this is a newer phone with a newer OS.

Just try to find a way to have the phone recognized and download/retrieve the data by consider it as a mass USB device such simple task and still won't allow the user to do that...really upset by Apple.

5. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Take it into Apple and let them try to fix it, if not then you can get it replaced. At least that option exists, if it were another manufacturer you'd be stuck and they wouldn't care or offer to replace it.

6. fyp008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Overboost, I don't needs APPLE to recovery my phone, I can do that by plug into iTunes and the last good backup. The problem is once the phone enter recovery/restored, it ERASEs all the data including the media files that iTune did not backup when update the OS. I don't know iTune will not back up the entire phone nor it gives me warning it won't till after it won't restart.

It is like a HDD mfg said they will give you 3 years warranty & replace your HDD for free BUT not the data store inside they will not care. That's why I get stuck and looking for someone that can retrieve the data from the phone before I put it to recovery / restore to last backup.

7. k.jason macrumors newbie

The Backup Holds Everything

It does back it up. Just not in a format that you can see.
    If a back up was done on iTunes, it holds everything. Just restore from that back up once iOS 7 is installed.

Jason K

8. fyp008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Jackson, if iTunes backup my camera roll video, then, I would have no problems, but NO one can confirm that.

9. fyp008 thread starter macrumors newbie

It works! Apple Rocks!

Update:

My wife is WRONG and as many other users of Apple. This iOS 7 upgrade, it did back up the media, including camera roll and photos, video, music, apps, apps data.

After we call Apple Tech support. They confirmed that the phone did backup automatically during the iOS7 upgrade. **I don't believe them at all at that point** The next day, we decide to go to recovery since nothing can be done. So, we decide to call Apple Tech. support again. They guide through us the process, even though it is NOT so smooth, since it is a LONG process. We have to call back and foe 3 times but once the phone is recovered. It is in iOS 7 and also, all data was there, including the video my wife took!!! Thanks Apple!! Good job and good customer service!!

Thanks for all reply!!