[Urgent] - My Macbook doesn't boot from HDD!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davimount, Aug 30, 2010.

1. davimount macrumors newbie

Hi!
    This is my first post, so if I chose the wrong section or something like that, I'm sorry.

Despite that gray screen with the folder and the question mark at the center is really nice, I really need my computer to boot up.

I don't know what happened, but since yesterday evening, my computer doesn't load MacOs X 10.6 on my Macintosh HD.

I did:

- Safe start up (holding shift key) --> lovely question mark folder;

- Single User (cmd-s) --> lovely question mark folder;

- PRAM reset (cmd-alt-P-R) --> reboot repeating the "booooing" sound then --> lovely question mark folder;

- Install DVD Boot (holding C key) then Disk Repair --> repair successful, then I reboot and 1) boot from CD or 2) lovely question mark folder;

- Install DVD Boot (holding C key) then Boot Disk Selection --> 1) boot from CD or 2) lovely question mark folder;

- Install DVD Boot (holding C key) then Instal MacOs X --> install successful, then I reboot and --> lovely question mark folder;

Now I'm out of ammo... I don't know what to do. S**t.

Please help me! This is really URGENT!!!!

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

See link in my sig although you have tried most of them already. Verify & Repair the HDD from Disk Utility on the DVD.

3. davimount thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I did all of them - except the last one :eek:
    I don't want to loose my apps and my files... :(

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Verify and Repair shouldn't harm any of your data but be prepared for the fact that your HDD may be corrupted.