Urgent - need help on moving iPhone content to iTunes and PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sunnyt9, Jan 28, 2010.

1. sunnyt9 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have searched ont he net for almost 3 hours but could not find the solutions.

Here is the problem.

I have been using my work Mac laptop for several months now and been synching my iPhone to the Mac.

Music on the iPhone syched to laptop itunes.
    Contacts synched to iPhones Contacts on the laptop (which is Out look server).

I would like to move my iPhone music to my home PC iTunes and same for contact. In short, I would like to overwrite my iTunes music and Outlook contacts on home PC with my iPhone.

How can I do that.

Would appreciate any quick response. Thanks in advance.

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Not sure how you're going to do the contacts but with the music you're probably going to have to buy Senuti. That'll take all of your music (including playcounts and other additional information) off your phone and onto your PC.

Is there a reason you can't just load everything onto a external HD or something similar?

3. sunnyt9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will try your advice on Music.

Exporting contact on Mac Entourage Outlook spits out in a text format that PC Outlook is not able to read.

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Actually, I'm going to have to apologize and take my advice back... :eek:

I know, I know. It sucks. But Senuti is for Mac only. I'm sure if you search Google for "Senuti for Windows" you'll find an equivalent.

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You use Sharepod normally when you don't have the original HD and the music is only on the iPhone. You could simply consolidate your library and burn that to a CD or DVD and then copy to your PC. But Sharepod works too and can also get photos off.

Authorize your PC in iTunes. Then sync contacts. I'd suggest having one contact in Outlook, since there have been cases where people lost all contacts for some reason. Whatever you do, MAKE SURE YOU MERGE CONTACTS IF ASKED. however, if you do screw up you can get them back from the work Mac. If you're not going to use the Mac make sure to deauthorize it.