Resolved URGENT: Need Help Regarding Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Taylor-C, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Taylor-C, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

Taylor-C macrumors 6502a

Okay - sorry if a similar thread has been posted, but I've looked for ages on Google for an answer but I can't find one.

I tried yesterday to install Windows on my MacBook Pro through BootCamp, but it then said that it was 'impossible to partition/move files' and so I Googled that and it said that I needed to make a Clone of my hard drive with Carbon Copy Cloner and then boot from that and restore my internal SSD from the Clone, and try and install Windows again.

My question is - once I have Cloned the hard drive, how do I restore my internal SSD from the Clone?

Thanks so much for any help in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Taylor-C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, thanks. What one do I select for the destination to clone the clone on CCC?:

1) Temporarily archive modified and deleted items
    2) Delete anything that doesn't exist on the source
    3) Preserve newer files, don't delete anything

Thanks again!

4. simsaladimbamba

It depends, what external HDD you chose to clone to. If the data on it is not valuable to you or you do not need that data or there is no data on it, option 2.
    Otherwise select 1.

5. Taylor-C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I meant that I have already Cloned the HD onto a blank HDD, but what option do I chose for cloning the clone back to the SSD? Would it be 2 since all of the data would be replaced again from the clone?

Thanks!

6. simsaladimbamba

As you format the SSD before cloning back, guide see linked to in post #2, any option is fine.