URGENT need music off iPhone to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Earlet9, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Earlet9 macrumors member

My iPhone will not show up in My Computer, but does show up in iTunes and I need to get my music off of my iPhone. Can anyone help me?

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

IDK, but syncing via iTunes seems logical to me:rolleyes:

3. Earlet9 thread starter macrumors member

I have no music in my iTunes but all my music is on my iPhone.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If the music you have on your iPhone was bought in iTunes it will sync it to your hard disk.
    If not, I'm not sure if senuti for iPhone is reliable ( I hope that I'm wrong), otherwise you may need to jailbreak it and access the files directly...
    Wait for more replies before doing anything...good luck.

EDIT: senuti
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23390

5. profetto macrumors regular

Umm, I don't think you can just plug your iPhone into your PC and drag the music off of it. It has to be sync'd with an iTunes library, now obviously its been sync'd with an iTunes library before in order to get the songs on it in the first place, but if you bring it to a new computer, iTunes will make you sync with the current iTunes library which you said is empty in which case you'd lose all your songs.

I don't think its possible to be honest, I could be wrong.

6. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

I lost all my music off my computer's HDD about 4 months ago (had to clear up space for an emergency work project). I found a program called Media Widget worked for transferring my music from my iPod. I have since gotten an iPhone and the program recognizes the iPhone as well.

The interface sort of resembles iTunes and has a wizard that makes it very easy to use. The cost is $24.99 but the cost was well worth it as it saved me a bunch of time and money. Just do a search for Media Widget by Bootstrap Development.

7. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Just be aware that devices/programs that worked with iPhones prior to 2.0 won't necessarily work now. Media Monkey is a good example, great program for music (way better than iTunes) but as of yet they can't get it to sync with 2.0 firmware.

That being the case, you might be better off using QuickPwn to jailbreak your phone, install SSH, then SSH directly into the file system and copy the files to your HD. Once you've gotten what you need, you can easily reinstall the official firmware to remove the jailbreak and be back to factory.

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

check your pm's.

9. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

I have used the program I recommended and it works with 2.0.2 just fine. I just double checked it and no problems whatsoever. Personally the $25 was money well spent imho. Ymmv.

edit: I am using an iPhone 3G with 2.02.