Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhad09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
I'm trying to pull IP addresses from my iPhone due to fraud by someone. Specifically, I'd like to get the IP addresses from WhatsApp, iMessage and Gmail if possible. I have the Netstat app which pulls real-time log information but it only lasts for about 30 minutes and I need historical data for several months. Also, the IP address for this person returns as Apple in Netstat, not their actual location. Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong but I checked each individual IP address and they were almost all going back to the Apple HQ.

If you have any help you can provide, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not tech literate, so will need very detailed instructions. :)

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
1. This has nothing to do with programming.

2. What you are asking makes no sense. Pull an IP address from your phone...? Do you mean your phone is connecting to an IP address?

Your phone won't be keeping detailed records of every IP address it has connected to in the past. Sorry. Netstat might, but even that is doubtful.

bhad09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
1. This has nothing to do with programming.

2. What you are asking makes no sense. Pull an IP address from your phone...? Do you mean your phone is connecting to an IP address?

Your phone won't be keeping detailed records of every IP address it has connected to in the past. Sorry. Netstat might, but even that is doubtful.

Forgive me, I am not a programmer by a long shot and wasn't sure where to ask this question. I thought since some sites said to look up the IP addresses under the terminal (Mac) it would be programming. Which forum should I use instead?

Netstat has provided a record of a lot of IP's it connected to today, but it's hard to read because there isn't an indication of which app each IP is associated with. I don't need every IP from the past, just a history of about a month.

Thanks for the feedback

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I have an app in my phone called "Net Analyzer Lite" that will list all of the IP addresses being used by your device. IP addresses are associated with network interfaces like cellular, WiFi, etc. Not by Apps. As you move around, those addresses will likely change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.