URGENT: Parallels doesn't recognize any files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BeeJee, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BeeJee, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

BeeJee macrumors 6502

Hey guys and gals, I have an unusual problem. My parallels program isn't recognizing any files. I use it all the time and this is the first time its happened. Usually on programs that parallels could open it would have the two lines over the icon but now on programs that it used to open the computer is now opening them with text edit. I need these programs to make a living and have a deadline today so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I reset the pRAM restarted and shut down the computer and even tried right clicking and "open with...". Really need your help and I know theres an answer out there somewhere. Thanks in advance!

2. mapleleafer macrumors regular

Do the programmes open without trying to open a file? (i.e. can you open files from within the programmes?)

3. BeeJee thread starter macrumors 6502

I can run parallels and windows fine atm but it won't allow me to open up programs that aren't saved to windows. usually when I download a file that isn't written for Mac it will have the parallels symbol next to it signifying that it can be opened with parallels. No files or programs are showing that anymore, unfortunately this is terrible timing

4. mapleleafer macrumors regular

All I can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall Parallels or get support from Parallels.