URGENT!! Phone continuously "switching" between lockscreeen and loading

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by daarken, May 5, 2012.

1. daarken macrumors newbie

PLEASE HELP! I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 (tethered ios5.1), and when it turned off, I can't even boot it tethered with redsn0w (I am not able to turn off the phone) because when i plug it into PC (phone ran out of battery), phone starts up, and then everytime like 3 seconds after appearing lockscreen, it starts loading. I can't do anything about it, cuz the loading cancels my every action. Thanks for help..

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Did you try to put it in dfu or recovery mode?

3. daarken thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not able to do that, I really have like 2 seconds till the phone starts loading, I can't do anything. It cancels all my actions I do.

4. acidrain79 macrumors member

Hard reset will get it out of respring loop. Hold down home and power button simultaneously, dont let go till the phone powers off and then powers back on. As soon as u see the Apple logo u can let go of both buttons. Once it's back on, u can power down the normal way and reboot tethered :)

5. daarken thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not working.. I reseted the phone, but it still does the same..

----------

=> not able to turn off

----------

Well ok, i somehow got it to restore mode... Thanks guys :) Not gonna jailbreak anymore.. Had to restore my iPhone like 3 times already this week..

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Has nothing to do with the jailbreak, only a bad app somehow, most likely one that is not compatible with 5.1

When going to a new firmware start from scratch and make sure the JB apps you install are working for 5.1

7. daarken thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright :)

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

That happened to me when I uninstalled weekillapps. Continuos reboot loop. I fixed it me holding both buttons till apple appeared, hard reset. I might've been lucky...

9. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

From what I understand, you don't have to have the phone off to enter DFU mode. After the reboot (which will stop at the apple logo in tethered JB), I believe you can just hold the buttons to enter DFU mode. Anyone else know something different?

10. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

You're in a respring loop. Just follow DFU mode instructions. I suggest you try to power down the phone first. This has happened to me.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To get into DFU mode you have to hold down power and home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep holding the home button until you're in DFU mode. Phone does not need to be off or anything. Get your timing right, and it will enter DFU mode.