Urgent please help, dropped a drink on my macpro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Romeork1990, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Romeork1990 macrumors newbie

I had my Mac on the side it was closed , I accidentally knocked out a drink which went straight to the mains and USB by the side, it's only 2months old , what should I do:(:(:(:( it won't charge and keeps saying one of the USB has over powered something like that

2. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR

I think you need to replace the logic board then. Best way to deal with this, is bringing it to an Apple Store and have them look at it.

3. Romeork1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do u know how much that will cost? The drink only managed to reach where the charger goes into and the USB no where else

4. simsaladimbamba

If you are proficient enough to do it yourself, go to www.ifixit.com to find the correct part(s) and guides and then scout eBay for lower prices, as a logic board replacement will cost around 400 to 600 USD, maybe even more.

5. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR

Well you can do it yourself then. I now that you can replace the MacSafe connector, but i don't think you can replace the USB port.

6. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Take it to the nearest apple store and ask for a flat-rate repair. That's your cheapest option, usually between $300-400 depending on the MBP.

They will ship it out to their repair facility and they repair anything damaged inside.

7. Roosterfosho macrumors member

Just throw it out the windows. It's useless now.

8. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

"oh no! I spilled perchloric acid on my keyboard!"