URGENT Previously Jailbroken iPhone seems to be buggerd..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iCanStopTime, Jan 26, 2011.

1. iCanStopTime macrumors newbie

Hey all,

My jailbroken iPhone was acting quite strange tonight so i decided a quick restore wouldn't harm it so i hooked it up to itunes only finding it not connecting, just sitting blank... updated itunes made sure my osx was up to date everything was so I deleted all the content and setting from the iphone in the actual settings, thats when the big problem started... so im now sitting here 5 hours before I have to leave my house and my main source of entertainment for my 1hr commute is sitting next to my mac is a less than working state.. I bit the bullet and decided to update to the latest firmware and just wait until that gets jailbroken but now im stuck with error 1611 every time i try to update so i have no phone and soon to be pretty pissed off parents.. is this fixable or is it off to Orange to get a new one? and also if i do have to take it to Orange or Apple does it matter that its jailbroken and that you can tell its been jailbroken by starting it up because everytime my iphone booted it showed a few dead pixels that weren't really dead that just happened when i jailbroke it...

Also if you aren't from the UK Orange is a phone network, im not talking about any kind of fruit salad with all these fruits..

2. ilikepielikei macrumors newbie

have you tried restoring by putting the phone in dfu mode?

DFU instructions

hold home + power for 15 seconds

release power hold home until computer recognizes phone in DFU

3. iCanStopTime thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep I've tried that.

Although now when I boot the phone it's showing the connect to itunes screen.

4. iCanStopTime thread starter macrumors newbie

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

download tiny umbrella and kick out of recovery

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I had these sort of issues and I ended up having to restore the phone from my wife's Macbook instead of my PC. It worked, oddly.