URGENT PRINTER help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macbook yes, Sep 26, 2009.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I have a paper due in 2 hours and my printer has decided to malfunction. It no longer scans (which isn't an urgent issue) and now just today it will not connect to my macbook at all. I send it to print and it gets stuck on looking for printer and then after about 10 mins or so it will say completed. If i use the network diagnostics option all network status options are green light-ed except for server which says failed. At the end of the wizard it says:

This computer appears to have a working internet connection, but cannot find (printer). You may have typed the address incorrectly. I've tried everything. I've been working on this for about 3 hours.

I have a macbook running SL and a HP photosmart C6300.

2. SqB macrumors 6502

I had a similar problem with one of my network printers. The only thing that worked was deleting the printer from the list in System preferences/printers and re-adding it. That would work for awhile and would then fail again, usually within a few days. I finally gave up and went to a direct usb connection.

3. JKColo22 macrumors regular

I've had some HP issues since installing SL as well. Remove the printer from your printers (system preferences/print and fax). Unplug the printer for at least 20 seconds, plug it back in, try to re-add it. You may find that there up updates available from apple when you do so, obviously download and install if there are. Report back!

4. SqB macrumors 6502

Good call on the printer bounce. That would clear out any cache issues. Your answer is better ;),

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

How about trying it with a USB connection? Since you have real time constraints, maybe this would be a quick solution?

If nothing else, print to a PDF, and e-mail it to someone else to print for you?