Urgent, probably buying macbook pro in 4 days

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wondering, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wondering macrumors newbie

hey guys, i just wanna know, im planning 2 buy the 200GB macbook pro for university, and i will be partly using it for playing games using bootcamp.. i just need to know, do i only have 32GB for windows XP for playing games, or do i have the option to increase the size of the windows partition to 100GB for installing my games..?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If you can wait for Montevina, do.

You can make the Windows partition as large as your entire hard drive-OS X-5GB. You just can't use FAT32 bigger than 32, which is for the best, anyway.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

To add, if you want a larger HD, currently the largest is a Samsung 500GB one.

I haven't seen it sold separately, but you can get it in an external case.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You can have it any any size you want for BootCamp, provided you leave some room for OSX. If you play a lot of games, definitely go for 100gb or more for bootcamp partition.

5. wondering thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant wait much more, im leaving my country soon.. but then dont I need the partition to be fat 32 to play games..? so am I not limited to 32 GB for windows?

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

No, you don't need fat 32, NTFS is fine. (If you went out and bought any standard Dell or HP right now, that's what the drive would be formatted as).