Urgent problem-Headers in Microsoft Word disappear when my tutor gets my docs-why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scylax, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Scylax macrumors regular

I am completing assignments for the Open University using Word 2008. As part of the presentation rules, we have to include our name and ID in a header, which I have been putting in. However, when I get back my marked assignments, the headers have always disappeared, and my tutor is saying I've forgotten to put them in. I thought maybe it could be something to do with the fact that when she marks assignments she always switches from Print View, in which I work, to Draft View, but when I switch the views back on my submissions the headers are still there, but in my marked essays they are not!

Please, please, please could someone tell me why this is happening?

I have been using Word 2008, and my next essay, due to send today, has been done in Word 2011. My OS is SnowLeopard.

Thank you!

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Simple .. I just did a sample document and the headers don't show in draft view. Tell your tutor to view the documents in print view and the headers will show.

3. Scylax thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but when I switch it back to print view on the essays she's marked, the headers (and page numbers) are no longer there! I can't work out why, but certain things just don't seem to be making it across!

Thanks for the help!