Urgent questions about a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by visualise-this, Feb 6, 2011.

1. visualise-this macrumors newbie

I've go a few questions about this MBP that I'm interested in buying. I need to give the person a price by the end of the night. I have some questions about it.

1. What price is reasonable
    2. How hard is it to upgrade to 4gb of ram and how much will this cost roughly?
    3. What are the main differences between this MBP and a current gen one?
    4. Is this an LED screen?

MacBook Pro Unibody 15.4 inch laptop, in near pefect condition with all original accessories.*

I purchased the laptop early 2009, and have never had a single issue with it.*

- 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    -2GB RAM*
    -250GB HDD
    -15.4inch high resolution display*
    -Snow Leopard 10.6.4

I have a 5 user license of Adobe Photoshop CS5, so I will be leaving it installed. There is a lot of programs installed on the laptop additionally, including the latest iWork suite, iLife, Photoshop CS5 extended edition (which includes like 20 programs), Courier, CleanMyMac etc. I will leave them all installed.*

2. cootersgarage6, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

Hmmm.....

Okay, after this, remove this post, because some monitor person, someone who wants to ruin everything, Lol is going to delete your post and report you for asking the price... yeah, it's stupid
    **to the monitor person, you can't report me for writing this, I checked the rules!:)**

It's still worth about $1,000

For all the specs on it, just go to apple.com and then click "Store" and then go to the bottom left and it will say refurbished and then you might see some macbook pros on there, and they are all 2009.,. I checked. Lol So go on there, and it will even give you a price of how much apple is selling it for.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. They seem to go for 800-1000$ on eBay.

2. Very easy and 2x2GB currently costs less than 50$.

3. New MBPs have better CPU, GPU, battery, bigger HD etc..

4. Yes.

You should do a clean install of OS X before selling it so the new owner cannot access your files. I would not include any software unless you can provide him the license key and install media. Usually those family packs say you are not allowed to sell the licenses as they are meant to be used within the same household or company.