URGENT: Selling iPhone 4 on CL

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eVolcre, Jun 24, 2010.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

I just got a buyer for 900 local. Is there anything I need to do inside the box before I sell it or can I just hand over the unopened package? The SIM card isn't tied into my phone number is it?

2. redraidermacman macrumors regular

no, its not, not until you sync it to itunes and update it...

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

Phone is tied to whatever number it was upgraded or new line. The guy who buys it gonna have a hack of time trying to activate it. Sorry, no quick buck. Apple and ATT are a step ahead of the game.

4. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Didn't think it was that hard. I'm sure I saw instructions online somewhere. Even if they charge me full price on my bill I still make USD 250 which isn't bad for a little bit of work. I can wait a month and buy one at full price if I really want to upgrade myself and still come out ahead.

eV

5. mike4 macrumors member

The sim is still tied to your account in some way I think. Just remove the sim.

6. epi117 macrumors 6502

My wife upgraded i took her unopend box and had it added as a new line with zero problem

7. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

that sounds HOT!

8. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Is it? I still think you need to go through the activation process with more details. If I take the SIM out where will this guy get a MicroSim from?

9. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Uh.. AT&T? The phones not unlocked so that would be your buyer's only option.

10. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Man that was funny.

11. Briview macrumors regular

Okay, waaay too many mixed answers. Are we able to buy an i4 on new sigend contract and sell the unopened box or do we have to open the box and remove the SIM?