Urgent service notification for parallels 7

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by palmharbor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. palmharbor macrumors 6502

Got this email from Parallels today telling me that if I go with 10.9 my Parallels software will not work anymore. so it looks like 10.9 is not truly free. If I want to run Windows and I.E., I will have to invest about $40 for the new version of Parallels. This is why I did not move from 10.8 to 10.9 yet...I just knew this kind of thing was going to happen + Samsung support told me on the phone that there was NO driver to support 10.9 to make my laser printer work and print.

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Not only was there an email today, they sent the exact same email out at least a month ago too, and notifications have appeared in the Parallels application, so it really shouldn't have come as a surprise.

Mavericks is free. It's hardly Apple's fault that Parallels have decided not to support Mavericks in a legacy version of their product, which they could have done if they had wanted to, but they elected instead to ensure customers pay to upgrade.

3. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

I went back to VMware fusion and got a free upgrade to 6.1 which works on mavericks. Never going to parallels again.

4. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I can't forgive VMware for repeatedly trashing a couple of VMs a few years ago. That's why I switched to Parallels, which so far (four years) has been rock solid. I only upgrade Parallels every other year, which is normally OK with new OS X releases. I'd like it to be free to upgrade, but... it is what it is.