Urgent Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philis195, May 18, 2011.

1. philis195 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am at a state where i have jailbreaked the phone and i have ultrasnow installed. The phone was originally on tmobile uk. However the SIM card i am trying to use is orange. i have tried turning 3G of before installing ultrasnow and this doesnt work.

I thought it might be the way i jailbreaked the phone using the latest redsnow however i have tried using a custom firmware which also doesnt work.

I have tried restoring the phone and starting again however everytime i pwn the phone and use the restore firmware (4.3.3) i get the 1015 error which forces me to use umbrella which then puts my phone back into a jailbreak state.

The main issue i want to resolve however is the signal. Orange appears in the top left however there is never any signal.

Any ideas? a quick reply would be very useful.

phone spec: version 4.3.3(8j2)
    modem firmware: 06.15.00

help please.

2. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Hardly urgent. What would have been faster is you SEARCHING. It's been discussed a million and one times. You need to hash out the apple.gs line in the hosts file on the restoring PC\MAC!

4. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

hm

Wow thanks for a reply but its kind of a bad reply.

Considering i can restore it to stock firmware using 4.3.3 recovery however when i jailbreak the phone and install ultra Snow i still get no signal. i have tried the 3gs trick i have tried the airplane mode trick and i have even tried SAM on cydia and none of the above work.

still sound like i haven't done a lot of searching ?

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Fine, if you don't want to listen to people's advice, then don't ask questions. Clearly you did something wrong, be it installing the wrong custom firmware, the wrong version of ultrasnow, or followed incorrect procedure when completing the steps. An iPhone isn't a puppy with it's own personality, so if you have an issue, it's likely some step you're not doing right. But good luck. I don't want to try and help and be accused of a "bad reply"

6. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

it isn't that i dont want to listen, its the fact that i posted for help to be practically shot down saying i havent done enough research. I have researched quite a bit into this problem and have found quite a few people with the same problem on baseband 6.15. like i said its not that i dont want to listen otherwise i wouldn't of posted.

i have spent hours researching and now im just stuck with no signal. Like i say i will listen to any suggestions but i dont agree with you saying i haven't done enough research.

So if you do have any input as to how to fix this problem i will gladly listen and your help would be much appreciated.

Edit : just to add i have edited my host files and can get back to original firmware and re jailbreak my device. i have even tried a custom firmware with snowbreeze but it still does not work.

7. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Well regarding the 1015 error, I gave you the answer, you just didnt' like it. You have to edit your hosts file and hash out the AppleGS line... clearly you haven't done that, or you wouldn't be getting that error. Saying you did is like saying you got gas but ran out of gas 2 minutes later. It's easy to overlook because iTunes throws the line back in quite often, so the easiest way I've found is plug in the phone, remove the line, then do the jailbreak. Don't apply a custom firmware as that's likely where you're going wrong.

8. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, this is probably my bad. But ,i have fixed that problem using tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. The only problems i am having is when ultra snow is installed or even when i am using an offical restored firmware i now get no signal at all.

Any ideas?

9. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Not sure, maybe the sim isn't provisioned correctly? having the carrier name but no bars could mean the sim isn't provisioned, or it could mean that you just need to let it sit for 10 minutes as the first time seems to take longer sometimes. Aside from that not sure what to tell you.

10. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Wait, you're on 4.3.3 on 6.15.00 on iPhone 4?!?!?! That's not Ultrasnow unlockable from what I'm seeing.

11. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphone 3gs am i allowed to link the tutorial i used to unlock it?

12. bella92108 macrumors 68000

PM me it, not sure it's allowed here... and also PM me where you got your firmware from.

13. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

You going to have to help me out here im new so im not sure how to pm you. i have added you to friends list then where do i go from here?

14. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Oh I don't think you can pm since you're a "Newbie:...

I think Geohot is official so it's okay to post this, but mods, please remove\tell me if it's not okay:

http://www.geohot.us/2011/05/how-to-unlock-iphone-4-3gs-433-with.html

15. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh thats exactly how i did it however the new redsnow allows 4.3.3 to be jailbroken. once ive done this it shows the carrier in the top left but it never gets any signal.

This is why im so stuck lol.

16. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Try:

iPhone 3GS users:
    You have to jailbreak your iPhone on 6.15.00 basebands on iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1, you can follow this guide for PwnageTool Mac or this guide for Redsn0w Windows / Mac (You may lose your GPS)

17. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh i tried using 4.1 earlier and i still had no luck :( would changing the version of redsnow i use make a difference?

18. bella92108 macrumors 68000

well using the latest would for sure help, I think.

Not super up on the 3GS process tho. When we first started talking I thought we were talking about a iphone 4...

19. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

No its the 3gs, its caused nothing but problems lol i thought it was going to be a straight forward process until i got no signal and now i dont get signal at all. i have read around a fair bit and i have found people with the same problems but no one seems to have a solution :(

20. bella92108 macrumors 68000

just sell it and go into apple and buy an unlocked 3GS or 4, lol

21. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i payed 140 for it do you think i would get that back lol

22. bella92108 macrumors 68000

USD or GBP? lol.

Well not sure what else to tell ya

23. philis195 thread starter macrumors newbie

GBP surely it would be worth quite abit just for repairs