URGENT! Stuck on Apple logo!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Oranges&Lemons, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Oranges&Lemons macrumors newbie

I was on safari on my iphone 4, and it froze, pressing the home button or turn off button did nothing so I held them together to reboot, and now it is stuck on the apple logo, I've tried it again and not working, tried connecting it to my laptop and itunes doesnt recognise my iphone it hasnt popped up in the side bar or anything. I dont know what to do! help! I need it urgently because my dad is in hospital, so essential in communication at the moment.

2. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

If you need it urgently like that, then the easiest and quickest fix would be to enter DFU and restore.

3. Oranges&Lemons thread starter macrumors newbie

How? Everytime I try and unplug my iphone from a plug or laptop it just dies because the battery was really low before it screwed up.. I try and hold down the button and restart it and it just dies. I dont think it's charging because I left it for a while on the apple screen charging and its still dying showing the red battery thing..

4. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

Connect to computer and bring up itunes, make sure phone is off after connecting to itunes. Then hold down power and home for 10 seconds, then remain holding home button down, but release the power button and hold only home for 5 seconds. The comp should chime and say a device is in recovery mode. Press restore.....that should do the trick.

5. Oranges&Lemons thread starter macrumors newbie

Thankyou. I hate how this happened. I deleted the FB app... literally pressed the safari app, and it froze, wouldnt load anything, and all went to pot.

6. Oranges&Lemons thread starter macrumors newbie

right so it got restored to its factory seconds. I got a message saying my phone is now restarting and my iphone will appear in the sidebar. So far it hasn't appeared in the sidebar, and on my iphone it shows the usb and itunes symbol, and slide for emergency. What the hell do I do now.

7. Oranges&Lemons thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and now it appears itunes has frozen. great.

8. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

Sorry my laptop died lol. Did it unfreeze? Did you make sure the phone was completely off before you entered it into DFU?

9. Oranges&Lemons thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont know what it did but its not restoring it and its gonna take an hour 15 mins and its 2.48am here... tired :(

10. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

Probably an update behind so it has to download the update, that's the longest part. The actually restore itself takes no time.