Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benchaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
my name is Gláucio Benchaya, i'm From Brazil , have one Week which one friend give me Ipad 2 3G 32gb , was a gift , it arrived with IOS 4.3.5 , yesterday i tryed download the new version the OS 5 , but i have same problem the person which you help , but , i have a troubles , what version the Redsn0w i have which make download, what version the Ispw i have which make Download , thanks for your Help , i'm waiting your response , i can see which you are a expert in Ipad , thanks friend. excuse my english .

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
i'll try and make this as easy as i can. if you could answer these questions we should be able to get somewhere.

1 - have you ever jailbroken a (any) device on that computer before? It is possible your hosts file has been edited. This link offers a quick step-by-step tutorial on both PC and Mac to 'fix' your hosts file.

2 - the iPad 2 cannot currently be jailbroken (either on 4.3.5 or 5) so you shouldn't need redsn0w.

3 - are you on a mac or pc?

Benchaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
i'll try and make this as easy as i can. if you could answer these questions we should be able to get somewhere.

1 - have you ever jailbroken a (any) device on that computer before? It is possible your hosts file has been edited. This link offers a quick step-by-step tutorial on both PC and Mac to 'fix' your hosts file.

2 - the iPad 2 cannot currently be jailbroken (either on 4.3.5 or 5) so you shouldn't need redsn0w.

Hello Friend

I Use MAc OS X 10.6.8

Benchaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011

Friend i never use Jailbreak , bcz Ipad2 is new.

----------

great. so did the above work (editing your hosts file)?

it should.

i'll try make this now , okay , thanks friend , just a moment . excusem my english.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Sorry for the late reply. I can't find much documentation online regarding error 1.

Have you tried using TinyUmbrella to enter recovery (if it's in the endless loop)?
Other than that I'm not sure what I can suggest. I'll keep looking and post if I find a solution.

Edit: did you update iTunes?

Benchaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
Sorry for the late reply. I can't find much documentation online regarding error 1.

Have you tried using TinyUmbrella to enter recovery (if it's in the endless loop)?
Other than that I'm not sure what I can suggest. I'll keep looking and post if I find a solution.

Edit: did you update iTunes?

thanks for your response friend, my version the Itunes Is 10.5 , i'm sad now . my ipad was working correct before try update. it have just 2 weeks . thanks for your help , excuse my english

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Don't worry about your English, it's better than some native speakers' ;)

Have you thought about putting it into DFU Mode/recovery and restoring? May work. I'm not sure to be honest.
Last week I got my iPad and it wouldn't update. I kept trying a few times and it eventually did it..so it could be a problem with apple's servers.

Hopefully something'll work

Edit: try a different USB Port, disable your firewall (if it's enabled) temporarily?

Edit 2: have a look through this on the apple discussion forums, it seems a lot of people have this issue and there are a variety of ways to possibly fix it.

Last edited:

Benchaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
Don't worry about your English, it's better than some native speakers' ;)

Have you thought about putting it into DFU Mode/recovery and restoring? May work. I'm not sure to be honest.
Last week I got my iPad and it wouldn't update. I kept trying a few times and it eventually did it..so it could be a problem with apple's servers.

Hopefully something'll work

Edit: try a different USB Port, disable your firewall (if it's enabled) temporarily?

Edit 2: have a look through this on the apple discussion forums, it seems a lot of people have this issue and there are a variety of ways to possibly fix it.

Friend , thanks for your full support , i tried with Umbrella , but , it no work , when try again in DFU mode in itunes other error arrived , 3004 , now screen the Ipad no want work , i dont have firewall

and i tried other port usb ,thanks friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.