Urgh 3GS failure.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheNewsPaperBoy, Jun 28, 2009.

1. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Well today my 3GS's far left side of the screen is not recognizing any touches. I will tap the icons and nothing will pop open. I have tried restoring it etc. Nothing helps... Guess ill be going to the apple store tomorrow to swap it out. Question though, those of you all who have had to exchange out your 3gs's are they giving you new ones? or refurbs of some sort? Thanks... gosh this sux. :mad:

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

That sucks. Was in line with this girl while we were waiting to buy our iPhones. Happened to bump into her the next day in apple store when I was going to exchange my case. Said she had touch response issue also and just swapped it out. So far everything is good on my end. I think I read another issue of that on this forum too.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Your exchanged iPhone will come in a small unmarked white box. Several people here have stated that they are in fact new phones that Apple had made for just this reason...when I went to complain about my yellow tint they brought one out in the white box and said I could exchange it right there but they couldn't guarantee it would be any better (I decided to decline and wait until newer phones were available as they only had 921/922 and 923 phones and mine is a 923). I asked if it was a "new" phone and the young Genius said it was called "re-manufactured" but I have been told by people on this board that they are in fact "new" phones and that it is too early in the run to already have refurbs/remanufactures...apparently the young Genius assigned to me didn't get the memo...

4. TheNewsPaperBoy thread starter macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Thank you very much for the info! :) I tried to make an online apt. there but they dont have anything till tues. :eek: So im just going after school tomorrow and maybe try and squeeze in there. Luckily its 2 minutes away from school :)