URL and Google slot gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Christine1234, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Christine1234 macrumors regular

Christine1234

I was trying to figure out how to open a second window on a Mac and tried following directions on line. Now the bar across the top showing the URL and accessing Google are gone and I can't get them back. :eek: How do I put them back? The more I try, the worse things get.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Christine1234, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

Christine1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Christine1234

That didn't work. If I hit the command key with the cursor over the title at the top of the page, (In this case, MacRumors Forums - Reply to Topic) I can see the URL, but there's no place to type one in.

Edited to add: Never mind--panic over. :D I dragged it back from the editing the toolbar menu. *Whew!* Now back to trying to open a second window.

Yay! Command N worked! Thanks.

4. simsaladimbamba

So the following does not work? (10s video, 2.9MB)
    And why do you hit the CMD key and click the title bar?

ETA: Seems me shooting the screen was superfluous. *****.
    Have fun discovering all the small tidbits in Mac OS X, and be sure to check out that "Helpful Information" link.

5. Christine1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Christine1234

Thanks. I'm still getting used to Macs.

So far, I haven't discharged and weapons at the screen. But I'm guessing my 12 gauge could get rid of whatever is on the page. Permanently. :D

6. simsaladimbamba, Apr 2, 2011

simsaladimbamba

You have to use howitzers, at least when you are drunk and being a ***** faced and too hairy and to bearfaced and too caky.. Be glad I am just one at the moment. Guess what?

Don't expect to bake any pies when you have thirteen different shorts inside you, if that is what you call it. I have to bake now, and mods, if you ever read this, please don't delete this junk, unless I am insulting the OP, and the bread is broken and it smells fine and just take the butter so we can use it sometime later and why is everyone talking in English it is so hard? Says my drunk flatmate. And I am just thinking it. Baking the pie.
    He is very happy when is washing the dishes, even if he is drunk. Very drunk. Have fun experiencing the new Mac, but it will never replace the feeling of fingers. If you catch my stupid and maybe even ... drift. I am drunk, just as the rest of all the Europeans at the beginning of the month.
    If you want any more questions regarding Macs answered, please use MRoogle, a fine search engine we always have to promote, as out live depends on it.

Have you ever imagined, going into a country as a foreign human, okay, my flatmate is going off now on censored words.

Have a good night and enjoy yourself.

7. Christine1234, Apr 2, 2011

Christine1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Christine1234

Thanks. You're right, a Howitzer would stop the Mac from doing strange things, why didn't I think of that? :D I guess that's why you're the Mac guru and I'm the newbie.

Today I learned how to fix a Mac toolbar and open a new window. And how to stop a Mac from ever misbehaving again. :eek:

Disclaimer to the Mods: No Macs were harmed in the making of this thread.

8. simsaladimbamba

None of yours at least, I have lost one Mac in course of this little course in proper Mac OS X navigation.
    Of to listen to some Tocotronic or some strange song my flatmate thinks is okay for this time of day or knight, as it is already the time to greet the sun in my time zone. When is the Doctor coming back anyway?