URL/Double Tap of the Touchpad/Del Key

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stevenfarrisohi, Mar 19, 2008.

1. stevenfarrisohi macrumors newbie

I will soon be purchasing an MBP or iMac. My diabetes may require the imac for my vision issues. I LOVE APPLE's OS!!!! Here are a few questions that I have.

1). I understand that that DEL key is the backspace key. Is there any program to remap another key to work as a delete key?

2). When I go the the URL line and click the line does not highlight like in a Windows OS. Am I doing something wrong?

3). In Windows you can double tap a touchpad "as enter" must you click the single key below on a MAC?

Thanks all! You guys are great!

2. Quint macrumors member

To highlight the browser bar, click on the web site icon at the left side of the bar or use the keyboard command-L.

For the trackpad, open System Preferences under the Apple menu and choose Keyboard and Mouse. Go to the Trackpad tab and select tap to click.

Not sure about remapping a delete key.

3. Montie Da Champ macrumors member

On the Apple Wired Aluminum keyboard, it comes with a true delete key. You can always buy a 3rd party keyboard that will also come with a dedicated delete key.

If not, you can always just do Fn-delete

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The keyboards have both a forward and backward delete key. On the MPB, holding fn converts the "delete"/backspace into a del/forward delete key. There are many utilities to remap keys, check out version tracker for details.

Just double or triple click to select the URL. The single click is set up to append to the URL.

Yes you can just tap the pad to make a click or tap with two fingers for a right click. You can also open items in the finder with Command-O or Command-down arrow.

TEG