Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Picked this up. Quality is spectacular but it’s lugs are very sharp. Despite very gentle care it easily scratches the inner channels of the watch. Made little paint chips on two watches despite the most meticulous and gentle slide.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Paint chips? Are you using the stainless band with a non-stainless watch? Because stainless steel is ofcourse stronger than aluminium.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Sure it’s common sense. Just sharing my experience as most third party bands I’ve ordered have stainless lugs. The is the only band that has chipped paint off the space grey aluminum.

In comparison the lugs of all 15 bands are slightly smoothed. The urovi one isn’t.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
33a72703367b6af0b000bd79b3684ff5.jpg
all other bands had with my S2. Two days in with second S4 it provides same channel marks

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
That has been one of my fears with this bands, I do have one coming in the mail from them right now (Order placed on 12/1) did you contact the seller? It might be time for them to come up with a "Gen 7" since there was a minimal update to the new bands (I even have a hard time installing my old OEM sports band in the Series 4)

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
80e32fe947f80fb36353843642ed6616.jpg
74a583b25977fc1dc4e74be97d8aa205.jpg
keep in mind I switch my bands out 3x a day but the other bands couldn’t cause the wear. Although purely aesthetic I’m not scratching my strap grooves all up. This one got given away. Sorry urvoi, I’m out.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Did you contacted them? This scares me a bit, since I'm still waiting for my order to get here. One thing worries me about this bands is the small changes made to the series 4, even tho they are small, they are there, and enough to cause problems with metal band lugs. Thank you for the pics, I'll try to remember to post pics of the one I get (Whenever I actually get them in the mail... 11 days into the wait so far)

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Well I believe it’s due to it being matte and not filed. All other bands I have seem to be coated in a clear coat and slightly rounded edges. These are damn sharp but that’s likely process. I wouldn’t expect anything different from a replacement.

Some people don’t care about scratches especially in the groves. I do though and gave this band away. I will though look at all lugs on bands I order to look at coating and shape. Sharp edges stay away

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
I just got my order from URVOI, and the first thing I did was check the link bracelet, and mine doesn't seem to have any problems, it does in and out very smooth, as much as any of the other bands I have from apple (Original black sports band, Original Nike sports loop, and Nike sports band).

As a side note, the leather loop I got from URVOI seem to have that "sand paper feel" when I put it on, and take it off, but I do not think it will be enough to be an issue ( I hope).

There is always a risk when buying this bands, and the long wait to get them is a PITA, but at least, in my case, I've happy with my order.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
My band had no flaws and went in and out butter smooth.

The scratching I believe is from the non rounded edges of the lugs. They aren’t cut skin sharp but have an edge. When that edge rubs against the sharp edge is the watch grove, paint gets scratched.

Jessica08

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2015
Roll Tide
Has anyone had problems getting the band off the watch? My sport band I ordered from them is extremely hard to get off. It’s not you push the release button and it slides right off like authentic bands. I thought I was going to have to cut the band off or do something else to change my band out yesterday. It’s like the middle lug is stuck, which this lug appears metal rather than whatever the outside two are made of. I know it was only $3 but I’d expect it to come off easily.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
And you didn't put it in upside down, by accident? I've seen some people do that (and to be honest: i've made the mistake myself as well).

Jessica08

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2015
Roll Tide
I don’t think I did. I wore the band for two days so I figured it was in correctly. Just when I went to change it out it wouldn’t release easily. Maybe the lugs are backwards on the band if that is even possible. Idk.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
I don’t think I did. I wore the band for two days so I figured it was in correctly. Just when I went to change it out it wouldn’t release easily. Maybe the lugs are backwards on the band if that is even possible. Idk.

Do you wear your watch really tight? I ask because today I was swapping bands, from my original nike sports loop band to my 6 gen links, and I had a hard time getting the nike band off the watch, I do wear that band very tight, figure I might be "pulling the band thru the opening".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.