US 3GS Iphone in Germany, need data on vodafone, please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jeremiahb01, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jeremiahb01 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just made a permanent move to Germany and I brought my new Iphone 3GS with me.
    Version: 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Carrier: 5.0
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
    Jailbreak: Blackra1n/Blacksn0w

I went to the local Vodafone and bought a "pay as you go" sim card today. The phone and texting works just fine, but I cannot use any data services (mail, web, etc.) When I try to use safari I get the message: "Could not activate cellular data network...you are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

I've gone into Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network and added web.vodafone.de in the APN field, both for "Celluar Data" and "MMS" leaving the username and password blank, and trying the user/pass -- web/web, but still no dice.

I didn't know what or if I should enter anything else in the other MMS fields.

I've thought about removing blackra1n and trying redsn0w, but I don't want to lose the phone and texting I already have...(as I fear that messing with this might make me restore w/ itunes, thus having to download 3.1.3...and not being able to jailbreak at all...)

Anyway, if you have any insight or ideas, they would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

-Jeremiah

2. wpf macrumors newbie

unlocking the 3GS

Hi Jeremiah - I am just visiting Germany (and Italy) and would like to unlock my phone while I am in Europe and get a SIM card from Vodafone or another carrier just for the time I am visiting. Is this feasible?

Thx - Bill

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I'm in the Netherlands, but chances are the settings are more or less the same in Germany.

Try this:

Cellular Data

APN: live.vodafone.com
    Username: vodafone
    Passoword: vodafone

MMS

APN: live.vodafone.com
    Username: vodafone
    Passoword: vodafone
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.vodafone.de (is .nl for Netherlands)
    MMS Proxy 192.168.251.150:8799
    MMS Max Message Size: 300000
    MMS UA Prof URL: *blank*