US 85W MagSafe Power Adaptor in the UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicnic77, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. nicnic77 macrumors member

    Nov 18, 2007
    Hi all,

    I bought myself the new MBP Unibody in the States over XMAS which came with a US 3 pronged MagSafe. Up until not I've been charging the MBP from my old MB 65W(?) MagSafe, but I've just sold that on eBay.

    So, could someone please link to a suitable US -> adapter on eBay that I could buy, preferably from the UK not Hong Kong! I've been looking tonight, but I'm really not sure what is safe to buy!

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Makosuke macrumors 603

    Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    The brick itself is fine from 100-240V and 50/60Hz, so all you really need is to make it fit the socket.

    Apple sells a "Apple World Travel Adapter Kit" with snap-in doodads for every country style there is, which will include the UK, but at $40 it's a bit much since you only want the one.

    I'd recommend either finding someone who already bought it and doesn't need their UK one (maybe try eBay?), or just find an inline prong adapter to convert the US prongs you've got to UK shape, which will look a little kludgy but work fine (you can probably find one at any airport or with power stuff at an electronics/generals store).
  3. nicnic77 thread starter macrumors member

    Nov 18, 2007
    Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I don't get the wrong thing, will this do? What worries me is this quote from that auction "MUST RUN ON THE SAME VOLTAGE AS UK".
  4. Schtumple macrumors 601


    Jun 13, 2007
    If it's the same as I think, take off the actual plug adapter, you should see it's just a simple figure of 8 lead connector, which can cheaply be bought from virtually anywhere...

Share This Page