us and uk atv - whats the differance?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by spue2001, Sep 6, 2008.

1. spue2001 macrumors member

as above , of course theres the fact that the uk cost just about double , whats stoping me getting a us one and using it in the uk?

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Nothing is different although if your going to the US just to get the TV then it will cost hell of a lot more than the UK one.

3. archi17 macrumors regular

different power plug? That is all that is probably different

4. Still24 macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK and bought a certified refurbished Apple TV on eBay, and when it turned up it was a US one with a wall adapter. I've had no problems and ended up saving £100 on the price here. I've never had a UK one but there doesn't seem to be anything noticeably US-specific about it other than the plug.

5. muldul macrumors 6502

I hate how they over price everything in the uk, but it does mean i go to the states on holiday, i come back with allot of stuff. I would get a US one if you are going there soon.

6. sgibson macrumors regular

sgibson

My mother-in-law brought me my :apple:TV back from the US earlier this year and it works great - there's no difference and it works fine with all your UK account stuff.

The only thing you need is a uk plug figure 8 lead, but you don't need a transformer or anything like that as it's all built in. At the time I got the 160Gb for £170.

7. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

great , a mate of mine will be in the us next week so im going to get him to pick me one up , thanks for the info:)