Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spue2001

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
as above , of course theres the fact that the uk cost just about double , whats stoping me getting a us one and using it in the uk?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Nothing is different although if your going to the US just to get the TV then it will cost hell of a lot more than the UK one.

Still24

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
I'm in the UK and bought a certified refurbished Apple TV on eBay, and when it turned up it was a US one with a wall adapter. I've had no problems and ended up saving £100 on the price here. I've never had a UK one but there doesn't seem to be anything noticeably US-specific about it other than the plug.

muldul

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2008
West Sussex, England, UK
I hate how they over price everything in the uk, but it does mean i go to the states on holiday, i come back with allot of stuff. I would get a US one if you are going there soon.

sgibson

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
My mother-in-law brought me my :apple:TV back from the US earlier this year and it works great - there's no difference and it works fine with all your UK account stuff.

The only thing you need is a uk plug figure 8 lead, but you don't need a transformer or anything like that as it's all built in. At the time I got the 160Gb for £170.

spue2001

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
great , a mate of mine will be in the us next week so im going to get him to pick me one up , thanks for the info:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.