US Cellular Data Plans

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by richard4339, Nov 11, 2007.

1. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I'm looking into a data plan from a carrier in the US for use with my MBP. I've researched the rates for the carriers in my area (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile). T-Mobile is the cheapest, but all I can find from them is a PCMCIA card. Is there a USB or ExpressCard compatible card available through T-Mobile? I know Verizon has those, but the service where I'm needing it isn't great. Does anyone have any experience with these plans?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There's not a USB one available through T-Mobile, but you might be able to find an unlocked one from the internet somewhere, just put you're SIM in it and it'll work (now, whether or not it will work with a Mac is another thing). But try to find one that's Mac compatible, is unlocked (all of them should be), and supports GSM GPRS/EDGE 1900MHz and 850MHz. T-Mobile is 1900, but they use 850 for roaming, so it's best to have both.

Or, you can just get a phone that will allow you to tether via Bluetooth

3. richard4339 thread starter macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I was just kind of surprised, Verizon at least advertises that some of their cards are Mac compatible, but TMobile doesn't even begin to hint at that.