US Credit Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nafizur, Dec 18, 2014.

1. nafizur macrumors regular

So, i'm going to USA tomorrow for a week. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how i can get a US credit card. I live in Canada, so i don't have a US social number or anything.

I know many people did this already. I'm also wondering if i get a prepaid credit card, will that work? Can someone advice the easiest way to get a US credit card for apple pay?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its just for apple pay, I'd not bother. Seems like a lot of work just to get a payment method working while you're visiting the states.

3. KPOM, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014

KPOM macrumors G5

It looks like some Chase and Wells Fargo prepaid cards work.
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6288

The Chase card is called Chase Liquid and can be purchased at a branch. I don't know if you need to be a US resident. It has a $4.95 monthly fee.

4. nafizur thread starter macrumors regular

thanks! i will check it out.

Yes, it's for apple pay and not only for the states. i wanan use it sometime in canada as well.. "to look cool"

5. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

Ah, the price of coolness. ;)

6. soufflegirl macrumors member

Bank of America works too but probably not worth it to open an account/pay fees just for your trip and occasional use in Canada. I will say that I have a US bank account and I love using apple pay here in Canada (plus NFC is so ubiquitous here!). I probably make about 60% of my small purchases with apple pay - it's awesome!