US Educational discount (buying from Europe)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dziewuliz, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dziewuliz macrumors member

I'd like to buy a macbook from the US apple.com store, with the help of my friend, who's now studying in NJ. The thing is that I'm going to use my European visa card, to place an order (I already tried that, and it went through with no problems) and use his dormitory address for shipping. Now how does this education discount thing work? Although the sales policy states...
    ... would it still be possible to receive educational discount, not being his relative? :) And is the shipping address enough proof for it?

Thanks in advance!

2. dziewuliz thread starter macrumors member

anybody? any thoughts appreciated, especially from people who have already used the educational discount... please..? :eek:

3. machatch macrumors regular

machatch

hmm. i dont think you can use studentdiscount in applestore in us if you are buying from europe, if you ask apple.Apple will guid you to buy apple in your own country..You can however put money in your friends acount and get him to buy it.And he can get a studentdiscount....

4. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I do not think you would have much of a problem. Your friend is a student so thats ethical.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

it is totally against the EULA of the academic priced software, which states that the end user must be a student, staff or faculty (or parents of a student).

having said that you will not get caught anyway.