US IMEI Check Tool

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FRVRandAFTR, Jul 1, 2017.

1. FRVRandAFTR macrumors newbie

Within the last few months the Federal Government launched a website where individuals could see if a phone was blacklisted from any US carriers. News posts were made about it at the time and I even visited it but I can't find it now after extensive Googling. I believe it was backed by the CTIA or GSMA organization? Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

2. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont remember an official US IMEI check website supported by the Government.
    You sure it wasn't one of those random IMEI check sites that are all over the net?

4. FRVRandAFTR thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it was definitely official to the extent that all major carriers and their MVNOs in the US were on board and that is was backed by some wireless standards organization. It may not have actually had and government affiliation, I'm probably mistaken about that. But it was a few months back and posted on some tech blogs because it was the first where they had all banded together to combine their databases.

5. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

6. jetsam macrumors 6502

Nice find! Bookmarked!

7. Audit13 macrumors 65816

Audit13

I believe the blacklist applies to all north American carriers and some European carriers.