US iPad and world wide warranty

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacMike1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. MacMike1 macrumors member

hi guys just found this info on:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/service/faq/

Can I get my iPad serviced outside the country of purchase?
    Apple may restrict service to the original country of purchase. If your iPad requires service, you can contact Apple Technical Support or take your iPad to your local Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, where available, for diagnosis.

its not a definite no or yes they just reserve the right for no :/ not nice.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This has been covered a million times. Apple always use the 'may' language as it's just normal legal terminology. It does not mean they will restrict in any shape or form. There are very few apple products that are so warranty limited, the iPhone being the most notable, where if you look at it's warranty it explicitly says that it is country specific.

Basically I think it's safe to assume that once Apple actually is shipping worldwide then Apple in your country will look after your iPad under warranty regardless of which country it was purchased in. Obviously if your country does not have the iPad on release it will be impossible for Apple service agents in that country to service the iPad, and that's where you may find yourself having to return it to a neighbouring or the country it was purchased in for a fix.