US iPad in Australia?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Codythatsme, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Codythatsme macrumors member

Hi,

So I want to buy an iPad from the US and get it shipped here (alot cheaper) but I seem to recall something about not being able to buy apps of the App Store with an Australian credit card and other features would not work. What wouldn't work when buying an iPad overseas?

Thanks.

2. thunng8 macrumors 6502a

Everything will work fine. Just use your Australian itunes account to use with the Australian credit card. The hardware doesn't care what account you use.

3. shandyman Suspended

i bought my iPad on holiday in the US, had it up and running when i left the store, added my UK iTunes account to it whilst out there and downloaded loads to it to use on the flight home and i've been using it in the UK fine for 4 months and counting, not had a single issue.

4. gathart macrumors regular

Create an US account: just use a hotel or address of a friend. then buy via e-bay USA iTunes voucher, register the vouchers and boy is your proverbial uncle.

5. shandyman Suspended

He doesn't need to do that. He can use the Australian one fine

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

This was a "feature" of the very first iPads. Before they were available anywhere other than the US, only the US App Store worked on them due to the international app stores not being coded yet.

Few months down the line and all the international app stores work, so there's no problem signing in with an Australian, British, Canadian or even Indian app store account.

7. Codythatsme thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the replies, with the cost of shipping it was only about $50 off and I couldn't wait so I just picked one up yesterday and am typing on it now :D.

Thanks for your replies.

8. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

You will not have any issues with using a us ipad in Australia.

I myself am using an Australian iPad in the USA and am having not an issue at all