US iPad with us iTunes account in UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by khanriazaoif, May 30, 2010.

1. khanriazaoif macrumors member

I'm in UK for a week on vacation and would like to access the uk iTunes store to check out the BBC player app, is this possible?

2. macgeof macrumors member

My take on this is as follows (I'm in the uk btw):

There is no BBC iPlayer app, just got to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer in safari and you're away :)

As for Uk iTunes account, I'd guess it's a similar approach we Brits use to gain access to the US store - ie sign out of the app store/iTunes store, download a free app and then you will be asked to sign in or create a new account. Just create a new account but make sure you change the country before doing so to create a UK account. All sorted. If you want to download payed for apps you will need to pop into a store (apple, supermarket, or many others) and just purchase an iTunes gift card.

HTH

3. flipshot macrumors 6502a

There is no BBC iPlayer app.

You just go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer in Safari but it only works if you are coming from a UK IP address.

4. Ratty macrumors 6502

You are better off using your US iTunes account while in the UK, there no advantage using a UK iTunes account at the moment. I'm in the UK and use a US account all the time.