US Iphone becoming UK Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dino26, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dino26 macrumors 6502

Hey guys going to NYC in less than 2 weeks I saw that on the US apple site the iphone 3g is $99

Im assuming that its a PAYG

If i were to buy one would i be able to get it unlocked to work on a UK network rather than a another US network .

What would i loose out on , is it just voicemail ?

Does the "online capability" only work when you are connected to WIFI , or can it work anywhere but it will run up your PAYG credit ?

If i buy it in the apple store will i be told to sign up to AT&T and give all my details or will they just sell me the iphone and hand me a AT&T card so i can do it myself

Sorry for all the :apple: questions im just a confused yet excited scotsman at this moment in time :D

2. dino26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a hack on this site that can let you use a US iphone in the UK , if any US/UK people can help answer some questions in my previous post i would be ever so grateful

thanks

D26

3. thabandit macrumors member

First of all, welcome to the forums, I see u just registered...

Secondly, the $99 price is under a contract and it is not PAYG.
    And this website does not have any hacks on it, but u can find info if u look around, mainly about unlocking a 3G with ultrasn0w....

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You won't be able to purchase the $99 iPhone 3G without a 2 year AT&T contract.

It's not PAYG