US Iphone ok to use in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFKMatrix, Mar 22, 2008.

1. AFKMatrix macrumors member

Hi,

I have the opportunity of getting an Iphone from the US but I am just wondering if it will work ok in the UK?

I will obviously be unlocking the phone to work on my T mobile contract but is there anything else I should consider?

I have an apple dock here for my Touch would this UK Dock work ok with the US phone?

All help much appreciated.

2. fart macrumors regular

3. AFKMatrix thread starter macrumors member

I understand that ziphone software can downgrade your bootloader is there a way to stop this or some other software that can unlock without affecting the bootloader?

4. AFKMatrix thread starter macrumors member

Sorry probably another dumb question but...

If I do get a US phone will there be any problems with charging it in the UK? I am thinking about getting the USB Power Adapter so I don't have to keep charging it from my PC, will the UK one work ok?

I also assume once unlocked that if anything goes wrong I can't reverse the unlock and take it to an Apple store? I also assume a UK apple store wouldn't take the iphone as its from the US?

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yes, it's fine to use. You just have to download new software that changes the background to say "iPhoune." :D

JK. I actually don't know, but I'm assuming the hardware is the same. Probably just different firmware (with language differences kinda like the joke I made above).