US iTunes Account - Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChaosAngel, May 10, 2010.

1. ChaosAngel macrumors member

Hi all,

I live in the UK and was able to get an iPad from the US. I want to set-up a US iTines account so I can try out some of the free apps.

Unfortunately all the guides say that I should be able to click "None" under payment method during the sign up process. However, for some reason I don't get this option, am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Not sure if it matters, but I am running Mac OS X 10.6.3 + iTunes 9.1.1.

2. ChaosAngel thread starter macrumors member

Not to worry got it working.

I needed to buy a free app and then select "Create new account". You then get the required "None" option. Very strange.

Also, anyone know of anywhere I can buy a US iTunes gift certificate that will instantly provide me the code via e-mail?

3. davwin macrumors regular

Glad to hear :)

You can try adding a secondary address, using a U.S. street address such as "5337 Center St, Dallas, TX 75201" to your PayPal account and selecting that for payment method to add U.S. amounts to your iTunes balance. If that is not an option, you can usually find $15 instant fulfilment iTunes giftcard codes via eBay or sites like G2play. Just make sure when using eBay that the seller rating is good and they are not a new seller.

4. qwill macrumors newbie

5. bigdaddy87 Guest

I've had a US account previously with no payment method specified. I just got my iPad and decided to buy a couple of apps, so I switched to the Estonian App Store. Unfortunately this has only the Apps and Itunes U sections, so there is no way for me to get podcasts or free music anymore. I can't change the country back to US since iTunes wants me to enter my credit card credentials. Is there some kind of workaround? Please help.